**SOLD** BMW R65 (1981)
Here we have a lovely example of the classic BMW R65, this bike was first registered on the 5/10/198. This R65 was produced in West Germany and is still as it should be with matching frame and engine numbers.
The bike underwent a full restoration in 2007/8 where it was fully stripped and a huge amount of work was undertaken, all the work is documented in the history file along with pictures showing the engine and frame etc at different stages. A list of some of the work undertaken is as follows...
- Full engine rebuild including valve guides, pushrod tubes, cam chain kit, reground crank, journals and seals, big end shells, piston rings and gaskets.
- Frame and ancillaries repainted.
- Brake discs and pads replaced.
- Brake hoses replaced with stainless braided hoses.
- Clutch and ancillaries replaced.
- New tyres.
- Seat recovered.
- Various electrical components replaced as necessary.
This R65 had covered 47000 miles when the restoration was undertaken and has since done a mere 3000 miles, take a good look at the images and video, the bike is still in fantastic shape and rides extremely well.
See here for a walk around video of the bike... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8VHyCOcAOc
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a viewing please feel free to call on 07834 186 065.
**Finance is available, UK delivery is no problem, part exchange for bikes or interesting cars is possible, credit/debit cards accepted.**